Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Victoria Beckham Loses Her Cool While Parenting Her Kiddies

Victoria Beckham is ALWAYS the perfect picture of restraint and control but over the weekend at an LA Galaxy soccer match at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, her poshness lost her cool for a split second when her children — Brooklyn Joseph, Romeo James, Cruz David and BFF Ken Paves — forced her [...]

After our fun-filled day by the beach, Darion, his mom, David and I made our way to the AMC Theater at Century City to see Source Code. Now, I’ve had mixed feelings about the film from the very first time I saw the trailer a few months ago. On the one hand, the trailer didn’t make the film look all that good … on other hand, well, Jake Gyllenhaal is in it so …. you can see how I was torn. When I learned that Duncan Jones (David Bowie‘s son) directed it, I was sold. Overall, I liked Source Code very much … tho, for me, the ending left much to be desired.




I’ve heard some people say that Source Code reminds them of Inception and while I can see how some people can make that connection, I totally do not think the movies are all that similar. The storylines are totally different and there really isn’t all that much overlap thematically. In Source Code, we are are taken on a journey that tries to make us understand the concept of alternate realities and for the most part, I was on board with what the movie was trying to say … but the ending, I’m sorry, no I just didn’t buy it. I’ve watched my fair share of sci-fi programming that has given me a “working knowledge” of time travel, alternate realities, other dimensions etc. (and by “working knowledge” I mean, I’ve come to believe in a set of fictional rules that seem feasible to me if time travel, alternate realities, etc. actually existed). The ending of Source Code just did not work for me in the framework of my “working knowledge” of sci-fi temporal travel so … yeah, no, I didn’t like the ending. The rest of the movie, tho, I thought was inventive and entertaining. As much as I love Jakey poo, I felt he overacted a bit in some scenes but not enough to turn me off entirely. The support cast was fine but they were like background wallpaper … none of them really added anything to the story that stood out for me. I wish Source Code wasn’t a PG-13 film because the action felt a bit watered down. But, again, the inventiveness of the story, the twists and turns and overall plotline really entertained me. I don’t expect this film will do gangbusters at the box office but it’s worth seeing. If you miss it in theaters, you’ll be just fine seeing it on DVD or on cable.


Did any of y’all see Source Code this weekend? What did you think?




Robert Delaunay
latest facts
latest facts
Breaking information
Dr. Seuss

No comments: