Sunday, February 26, 2012

Theater Review: God Of Carnage

After missing the show on Broadway, David and I were very excited to learn that the Tony Award-winning play God of Carnage was being performed here in LA with the original Broadway cast — Marcia Gay Harden, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini and Jeff Daniels. We waited for a performance where we could get really good [...]

So … I had a very long night/morning today … and am alive and functioning to tell the tale. As I mentioned yesterday, last night David and I attended the 8pm performance of the stage play God of Carnage and then I attended a 2AM concert performance by Prince in the intimate Foundation Room at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA. I’ll post my review of God of Carnage shortly but the Prince show, man, what an incredible night.




As many of you are well aware by now, I’ve been seeing Prince a LOT in concert here in LA over the past few weeks including a couple of very intimate shows at The Troubadour a couple of weeks ago. Last night’s House of Blues show in the Foundation Room was truly the most intimate show possible … arm’s length … I was arm’s legnth from Prince for most of the night (except for the times when he stepped away to play bass or jam in front of his speaker). The show was a 2 1/2 hour jam session … I was literally in awe the entire time. Even in high heel shoes, Prince only came up to my nose … that is how short he is … so I am very glad that I managed to get right up in front of him to watch the show. Even 3 people back and I would not have been able to see him at all. The Foundation Room is the size of a large living room … and I am not exaggerating at all. Because there was no elevated stage, most people in the room couldn’t even see Prince at all. I’m not sure what the experience was like for those people but I know that I will never, EVER see him in a more intimate place. It was truly a night/morning to remember. I rolled home hearing the early birds chirping … it was a spectacular night.


Tonight, I’m heading out to see another concert … this time, Stevie Nicks! She is playing The Wiltern on her birthday tonight … and I am so excited. I’ve always wanted to see her live and almost saw her a few weeks ago but she was touring with Rod Stewart and there was no way in HELL I was gonna sit thru a Rod Stewart show. I’m gonna need a nap this afternoon but, yeah, I’m really lookin’ forward to Stevie!!




Jimi Hendrix
Jean-michel Basquiat
Red Grooms
Avril Lavigne
plantes en ligne

No comments: